THE spotlight is being turned on talented home bakers this Autumn with a huge celebration of chocolate creations, lead by renowned chocolatier and baker Lisa Marley.
One of Britain’s biggest and best-loved baking brands, Dr. Oetker, has commissioned Lisa to create a range of exclusive recipes for The Great Chocolate Bake,inspiring the nation to push the boundaries of baking with chocolate.
Bakers in the UK who enter their most creative chocolate cupcake will be in with the chance of winning a trip for two to New York City, the home of the cupcake.
“We are a nation of chocolate lovers and chocolate in baking is the definition of indulgence,” said Lisa.
“The two are perfect partners and the possibilities really are endless. The recipes I’ve created are designed to show home bakers how they can create award-winning, vibrant chocolate cakes with the addition of colour and complementary flavours - adding a real ‘wow’ factor to their baking.”
Home bakers can enter their chocolate cupcake creations into the Great Chocolate Bake via facebook.com/DrOetkerBaking.
The Great Chocolate Bake celebrates Dr. Oetker’s chocolate range, which has been designed for perfect home baking. It features a spectrum of chocolate products to suit a range of baking from sponges and run outs to fondants and ganaches. The chocolate bar range includes white, 35 per cent milk, 54 per cent dark and 72 per cent extra dark. The bars are designed to melt and temper beautifully, giving off a shiny appearance, while tasting rich and luxurious. The range also consists of chocolate chips and chocolate chunks.
Lisa’s recipe tutorials can be viewed at youtube.com/droetkerbaking.
All Dr. Oetker products are available from the Dr. Oetker online store: www.oetkeronline.co.uk.
Company website: www.oetker.co.uk
THESE delicious cupcakes use Dr. Oetker Sicilian Lemon Extract and are decorated with beautiful marzipan roses.
You will need:
For the cupcakes:
Dr. Oetker muffin cases
150g caster sugar
150g self raising flower
2 medium eggs
70g Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks’ White Chocolate Chunks
2 tsp (10ml) Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract
For the decoration
250g icing sugar
3-4 drops Dr. Oetker Sicilian Lemon Extract
1-2 tsp Dr. Oetker Sunshine Yellow Gel Food Colour
5-8 tablespoons of water
Dr. Oetker Ready-to-Roll Marzipan
1. Pre heat your oven to 180°C, 160°C fan oven, Gas mark 4. Line a muffin tray with muffin cases.
2. Beat the eggs and set aside. Cream the margarine and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until pale, light and fluffy.
3. Add the vanilla extract, a tablespoon of the flour, half of the eggs and combine.
4. Add another tablespoon of flour and the remaining egg mixture.
5. Sift the remaining flour on top of the mixture and fold to combine completely. Add the white chocolate chunks to the mixture and combine.
6. Fill the Muffin Cases just over half way and bake for 18-20 minutes or until they are firm to the touch. Leave to cool completely.
1. Mix the lemon extract and icing sugar together. Add the water two tablespoons at a time to create the desired consistency.
2. Add the Sunshine Yellow Gel Food Colour gradually to achieve the desired shade. Put enough icing on each cupcake to cover the top.
3. Use Dr. Oetker Ready-to-Roll Marzipan to create the flowers for decoration. If you are making the flowers by hand, start by rolling out five balls of marzipan the size of garden peas.
4. Flatten the first ball then roll it from one side to the other to create a cone. This is the centre of your flower.
5. Flatten the next ball and wrap it around the centre cone and roughly shape into a petal.
6. Repeat on the opposite side and alternate with the remaining balls of marzipan.
TIP: Use icing sugar on the marzipan if it becomes a bit sticky.
To check out the video of this recipe click here
Dr. Oetker has commissioned chocolatier and cook Lisa Marley to create a range of exclusive recipes for ‘The Great Chocolate Bake’ – inspiring the nation to push the boundaries of baking with chocolate. For your chance to win a trip to New York, enter your chocolate cupcake at www.facebook.com/DrOetkerBaking