Napier extends Essex stay
Essex all-rounder Graham Napier has signed a new two-year deal with the county.
The 33-year-old enjoyed arguably his finest season last term, scoring 796 first-class runs at 49.75 and claiming 51 wickets at 30.82.
He also claimed four scalps in as many balls against Surrey in the Yorkshire Bank 40, an effort that was named the club's 'champagne moment' at the end of season awards.
Napier came through the Essex youth system and made his first-class debut in 1997.
He said: "To sign a new contract with Essex for the next two years is excellent and feels like a huge reward after the best season I have ever had in my career at the club."
Head coach Paul Grayson added: "I am very happy that Graham has signed a new contract, especially after the sensational season he experienced last year.
"The 2013 season showed how important Graham is to the team when fully fit and I'm sure he will continue to be a key member of the side for the next two years."
- Mobile speed camera locations in and around Ashbourne week commencing Monday, December 9
- A celebration of traditional Christmas trees
- Defibrillator donated to villagers
- Apply online for new PCSO roles
- Mr Darcy returns to the TV with locally filmed scenes
- Financial boost to help develop success in sport