Login Register

Max is on the mend after eating a rubber glove

By Ashbourne News Telegraph  |  Posted: February 03, 2014

  • 29/01/14 Dog eats glove - Uttoxeter, Uttoxeter Pic of Dog Max, With his owner Lucy Mellor

  • 29/01/14 Dog eats glove - Uttoxeter, Uttoxeter Pic of Dog Max, With his owner Lucy Mellor

  • 29/01/14 Dog eats glove - Uttoxeter, Uttoxeter Pic of Dog Max, With his owner Lucy Mellor

Comments (0)

A DOG from a village near Ashbourne has had his life saved by vets after he wolfed down a rubber glove he found during a walk.

Spaniel Max had to undergo surgery to have the offending item, which he grabbed off a wall, removed and his owner Lucy Mellor said he would now be wearing a muzzle while out walking in the future.

She said: “Last Wednesday we went for a walk and Max picked up a rubber glove from a wall.

“He’s always prone to eating things he shouldn’t.

“I didn’t think anything of it until he started being sick on the Thursday, at which point I became really worried about him.

“I took him to Abbeyfields vets, in Rocester, on the Thursday night and they x-rayed him and found the glove in his stomach.

“He went into surgery on the Friday morning and, when he came out, he was feeling very sorry for himself.

“But, by the Saturday morning, he was back to his old bouncy self again.

“I just want to send out a warning to dog owners to watch what their dog is playing with while out walking.”

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR