THE talented chef, who is based in Cornwall, has become a household name as a result of his years of high level cooking.
Here the Michelin-starred chef shares this delicious recipe.
Preparation time: 15 minutes + setting time
Cooking time: 10 minutes
You will need:
6 leaves of gelatine (10g)
600g asparagus, trimmed and chopped
300ml double cream
80g Davidstow Extra Mature Cheddar, grated
salt and freshly ground black pepper
100g asparagus tips, halved lengthways
6 quail eggs
2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
2 tsp chopped fresh dill
2 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1. Soak the gelatine leaves in a jug of cold water. Lightly oil four 9cm metal cooks rings, then wrap cling film over the base and around the outside of each to form a mould. Place in a small tray.
2. To make the creams, melt the butter in a medium pan, add the asparagus and sauté for 2 minutes, cover the pan and cook for 4 mins until just tender. Add the cream and bring to the boil, simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the cheese then season to taste.
3. Lift the soft gelatine from the cold water and drop into the hot asparagus cream, stir well. Use a stick blender to whizz the mixture to a velvety smooth cream. Pour the mixture into the prepared moulds, cool, then chill for at least 2 hours or until firmly set.
4. To finish: Bring a medium pan of water to the boil, add the halved asparagus tips and cook for 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and refresh in cold water. Use the slotted spoon to gently add the quail eggs to the boiling water and gently boil for 2 1/2 minutes.
5. Drain the eggs, rinse in cold water and when cold enough to handle, peel away the shells. Cut each egg in half.
6. In a small bowl, mix the asparagus, spring onion, dill, oil and vinegar, season well with salt and pepper.
7. To serve: Remove the cling film from each of the metal rings and place in the centre of four serving plates. Waft a blow torch on the outside of each to loosen, then lift away the metal ring. Top each cream with a little of the asparagus and dill salad, then 3 halves of quail egg. Finally spoon a little dressing over the top and around each cream. Serve straight away.