FAIRWAYS Garden Centre Restaurant has scooped an award at a prestigious Derbyshire food and drink ceremony this week.
The business was selected as a winner in the Best Healthy Eating Venue category at the 2013 Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards, which were presented on Monday evening at Chatsworth.
The award puts the restaurant among 12 of winners in the county council-run awards, although several Ashbourne firms were nominated, and the award was presented by TV chef Simon Rimmer.
Councillor Kevin Parkinson, Derbyshire County Council Cabinet Member for Regeneration, said: “Yet again the standard of entries for our annual Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards was of a very high quality and Chatsworth was a fantastic venue to host our celebration.
“We’re blessed with some fantastic restaurants, bistros, pubs and cafes which make the most of excellent food produced locally to serve delicious food and drink.
“The food and drink sector plays an important role in the Derbyshire economy and our awards give much deserved recognition to some very talented people.”
Derbyshire Restaurant of the Year
- Dovecote Restaurant at Morley Hayes
Derbyshire Gastro Pub of the year (joint winners)
- Red Lion Pub and Bistro, Peak Edge Hotel, Stonedge
- The Devonshire Arms at Beeley
Derbyshire Traditional Pub of the Year
- The Royal Oak, Hurdlow
Derbyshire Cafe of the Year
- Koo Coffee, Chesterfield
Best Derbyshire Breakfast
- Fresh Basil, Belper
Best International Restaurant
- Anoki, Derby (sister restaurant of Matlock Bath Balti)
Best Healthy Eating Venue
- Fairways Garden Centre Restaurant, Ashbourne
Best Family Friendly Venue
- Foresters Bar and Restaurant, Two Dales
Derbyshire Tea Room of the Year
- Woodlands Tea Room, Charlesworth
- Three Roofs Cafe, Castleton
Local Producer of the Year
- Robin Maycock Family Butchers and Bakers, Holloway
Local Food Hero
- Chris Norfolk, Elm Tree, Elmton