Login Register

Tuesday's Transfer News & Gossip

By Ashbourne News Telegraph  |  Posted: February 04, 2014

SUPER MARIO . . . Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is reportedly interested in bringing former Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli back to the Premier League

SUPER MARIO . . . Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is reportedly interested in bringing former Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli back to the Premier League

Comments (0)

RUSSIAN side Zenit St Petersburg are preparing a bid to prise unsettled Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen, 28, away from Emirates Stadium.

Full story: Daily Mail

Manchester United are weighing up a summer move for William Carvalho, 21, after again sending scouts to watch the Sporting Lisbon midfielder at the weekend.

Full story: Metro

Manchester City midfielder Jack Rodwell, 22, saw a return to former club Everton blocked on transfer deadline day, after Manuel Pellegrini failed to land Porto's Fernando as his replacement.

Full story: the Sun

Cardiff are to pay Getafe £1m for 24-year-old defender Cala - even though he has never played for the La Liga side after buying himself out of his Seville contract.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis, 28, has handed Newcastle a possible blow by hinting he may decide to stay at the Ligue 1 club in the summer.

Full story: Talksport

Aston Villa have started talks with boss Paul Lambert, 44, over a new deal. The Scot has 18 months left on his contract.

Full story: Daily Telegraph

Manchester United boss David Moyes says he has not frozen out 35-year-old defender Rio Ferdinand, despite playing him only once in the Premier League since September.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Meanwhile, Brazil midfielder Anderson, who left Old Trafford for Italian side Fiorentina on loan last month, claims a number of his old colleagues do not want to play under Moyes.

Full story: Daily Express

Chelsea's old guard John Terry, Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole must wait until April to discover whether they have earned themselves new deals at the club.

Full story: Metro

Fulham manager Rene Meulensteen says his job is not under threat from technical director Alan Curbishley. Ex-Charlton and West Ham boss Curbishley, who was brought in by Meulensteen in November, has been linked with replacing the Dutchman if the Cottagers' poor run continues.

Full story: Daily Express

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins insists Michael Laudrup is not facing the sack, despite six defeats in the Welsh club's last eight games.

Full story: the Sun

Liverpool are set to reward England midfielder Jordan Henderson, 23, for his impressive form this season by opening discussions in the summer over a new contract.

Full story: Daily Mail

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger wants to bring AC Milan's ex-Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli, 25, back to the Premier League.

Full story: Tuttosport

Italian side Lazio refused a loan offer from the Gunners for their 35-year-old Germany striker Miroslav Klose.

Full story: Lefigaro

Spanish champions Barcelona want to extend the contract of 22-year-old right-back Martin Montoya, who is being closely tracked by Liverpool, Inter Milan and Arsenal.

Full story: Bild

Italian side Inter Milan rejected an offer from Borussia Dortmund for their 19-year-old midfielder Mateo Kovacic.

Full story: Bild

Read more from Ashbourne News Telegraph

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES