There are a few quirks about Ashbourne people... here's how you know you are a typical Ashbourne person:
1) You know exactly what Shrovetide means and you are counting down the days until it comes around again. Oh, and you have a completely different idea about hugging!
2) You've plunged off a certain bridge on New Year's Day...and lived to tell the tale!
3) You still miss the chimney at Nestlé factory.
4) You know how proper gingerbread should taste.
5) You know where Tintown is.
6) You feel slightly unnerved if you manage to walk through town without seeing anyone you know.
7) You have a favourite chip shop - and you stick to it religiously.
8) You look forward to the Highland Gathering each year and are never fazed by men in kilts.
9) Your relatives tell fond tales of Ashbourne's old maternity home.
10) You can't remember what your town streets look like without bunting.